 Space / 13888
13887  |  13889
Subject:
Freighter Contest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 20 Apr 2002 03:36:01 GMT

  To begin with, I have to say I am guilty of being influenced by the recent
digging-up of that old thread about a "giant ship contest".  Past that, I
would like to propose a new contest.  Most people here build fighters at one
point or another, because they are small, easy-to-build, and look cool.  A
very few AFOLs on here have the time, money, and dedication to build
massive, ultra-detailed starships.  But the rest of us cannot, for various
reasons, and thus build smaller ships.  Often these take the form of what is
referred to in the Star Wars universe as "light freighters"-small, under 50m
long privately owned transports, often customized, and usually with a fair
amount of interior space for cargo and crew.  My proposal is that we have a
contest to generate interest in building "light freighters", both from the
Star Wars universe and from other fiction.

Categories might include:

Smuggler Vessel

Factory-Stock

Bounty Hunter

Pirates!

Character Vessels (Han Solo, Dash Rendar, etc)

Modified/Other

  I've never hosted a contest before, so I am unable to run this, but I
would like to see someone do it.  Happy building!