 Space / 12726
Re: New MOC. Black Eagle Mech
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 25 Jan 2002 00:53:16 GMT

Mark,
man...that's awesome. very non-mecha looking. great to see something
different that is done so superbly. very nice. i like the sort of
non-artificial look to it. there are alot of humanoid mecha, lots of machine
looking, and several animal-ish looking mecha out there, but i think this is
something REALLY different. GREAT JOB! adios
-austin
In lugnet.build.mecha, Mark Neumann writes:
Here it is, The Black Eagle.  The Snow Leopard Clan's newest air/space
superiority mecha.

Black Eagle has a 43.5 inches wing span, 138 studs.
Length is 26 inches, 82 studs.
Height is variable at 4 inches with dorsal gun and talons retracted and 10
inches tall with both extended.

Head moves side to side, up and down.  (I found a use for the McDonalds
Bionicle bodies!)
Tail pivots side to side and up and down, not unlike a real bird's tail.
Wings flap at the body.  Has a fairly good range of motion.
Click hinges on wings and neck, 32.
Legs fold up onto body and can be released by catch sticking out of body.  A
pneumatic spring piston provide the power to push and hold the legs in place.

anyway PLMKWYT

Mark Neumann
http://home.attbi.com/~ravenswolfmk/
Home of the Snow Leopard Clan