 Space / 12658

New MOC: The Bison
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build
Date:
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 00:07:53 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Hey guys.  I just finished my latest MOC.  Check it out:

http://www.oklahoma.net/~jpalmer/lego/bison.html

Tell me what you think!

-Jon

--
| The Galactic Shipyard - http://www.oklahoma.net/~jpalmer/GS/
| My Lego Creations - http://www.oklahoma.net/~jpalmer/lego/
| BrickBay Store - http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?p=jpalmer

Re: New MOC: The Bison
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build
Date:
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 00:41:04 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jon Palmer writes:
Hey guys.  I just finished my latest MOC.  Check it out:

http://www.oklahoma.net/~jpalmer/lego/bison.html

Tell me what you think!

-Jon

--
| The Galactic Shipyard - http://www.oklahoma.net/~jpalmer/GS/
| My Lego Creations - http://www.oklahoma.net/~jpalmer/lego/
| BrickBay Store - http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?p=jpalmer

MMMMMMMMM....dark...red...greeblies....MMMMMMMMM..

I like.  Somebody got the Rebel Blockade Runner for the holidays!

1. Nice smooth top - very slick.
2. Very shweet band of greebles near the engine!  VERY Space 1999 IMO!
Everything just works so well. The thing that I like is how the use of the
band and smooth top actually takes your attention away from the blox-like
front - the latter of which is accented by the "enclosed" or "shrouded" feel
in the manner that the greey sides seem to envelop around the cockpit windows.
Very nice.
3. Once again, showing off your prowess of non-symetrical design.  :)
4. LOVE the magnetic coupling system.  When you set the ship down on top of
the habitat, does the habitat immediately jump up and lock into place, or do
you have to lift the habitat up by hand?
5.  I simply must get my hand on a blockade runner.  What a killer set of
parts!  Dark red half cylnders?!  ooooohoohOOHOhooohoOHOHOOoooo

sigh.  And I just went and bought my first train.  Oh well.

KOOLNESS!

~Trev
AstroLift Co.
http://home.cogeco.ca/~tpruden3/index.html

Re: New MOC: The Bison
MMMMMMMMM....dark...red...greeblies....MMMMMMMMM..

I like.  Somebody got the Rebel Blockade Runner for the holidays!

I hate to spoil the fun but thats actually all brown. :-(  I'm sorry that
some of it came out looking dark red.  Its funny because Mark Rideout
thought it was sand red in another picture, taken with someone elses camera.
Weirdness.

1. Nice smooth top - very slick.

Courtesy of the Sopwith Camel.  Actually Brickbay because I only have those
pieces from the Sopwith.

2. Very shweet band of greebles near the engine!  VERY Space 1999 IMO!
Everything just works so well. The thing that I like is how the use of the
band and smooth top actually takes your attention away from the blox-like
front - the latter of which is accented by the "enclosed" or "shrouded" • feel
in the manner that the greey sides seem to envelop around the cockpit • windows.
Very nice.

Thanks!  Thats the very first part of the ship I did.  I just made that
recessed area with some bricks framing it and set it on my bookshelf for a
week before the idea for the ship came to me.  I'm really glad you
appreciate the ships design.  You've noticed some features that I was really
happy about.

3. Once again, showing off your prowess of non-symetrical design.  :)

Thanks again. :-)

4. LOVE the magnetic coupling system.  When you set the ship down on top • of
the habitat, does the habitat immediately jump up and lock into place, or • do
you have to lift the habitat up by hand?

I have to raise it, but not by much.  I just raise it up a bit and then it
snaps into place.  Very strong bond too. Magnets rock.

5.  I simply must get my hand on a blockade runner.  What a killer set of
parts!  Dark red half cylnders?!  ooooohoohOOHOhooohoOHOHOOoooo

I must get my hands on one too. ;-)  The brown half cylinders came from:

http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6617

I was fortunate to find a few this fall at Walmart for $20.

-Jon

Re: New MOC: The Bison