 Space / 10605
Re: How do YOU make your hangar bay doors?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 16 Aug 2001 03:10:14 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jordan Greer writes:
Hehe, neither had I until I took a good look at one of the trains in the
Lego catalog and then saw the part on brickbay.
It's a 2x4 flat piece with a 3 plate tall end part that is either a small
peg, or a holder for the peg, which allows 90° movement on the horizontal axis.
http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?p=erector
Go to hinges, plate. It's actually called an articulated joint but they use
them on trains and a lot of people call them train hinges, heh...

Heh...I've never heard those called 'train hinges' before.  I can see how
they're used on trains (I would assume to couple two cars), but that would
somewhat limit a train on its ability to go up and down a grade.

Anyways, do you have pics of your configuration?  Bit of a hypocrite asking
you though, cause I'm not posting pics of mine for quite a while ;-)

-Tim