 Space / 10443
10442  |  10444
Subject:
Lead Administrator for the Joint United Planets declares martial law (plot-seed #1)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 10 Aug 2001 17:07:57 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Cross Universe Story Plot-Seed #1

Lead Administrator for the Joint United Planets declares martial law

...Heightened civil unrest throughout Joint United Planet space have forced Lead
Administrator Warans to declare martial law throughout the 12 systems comprising
the loose alliance.

...The civil unrest follows word that Michof's Fever, a highly contagious and
dangerous airborne pathogen has spread from isolated parts of Mainav-II to the
general populations of at least 4 of the JUP systems. The latest outbreak has
claimed at least 1,000,000 lives on Mainav-II and was thought to be under
control for the last several years with extensive quarantine and vaccination
routines being distributed across the southern continent.

...Jain's sources inside JUP space indicate that parts of the 7th and 31st
detachment group have been reassigned on humanitarian to bring supplies to
recently quarantined regions as well as to provide military presence to unstable
regions.

...Lead Administrator Warans has released this official statement.

************** release immediate *******************
From:
Lead Administrator Warans
Joint United Planets Headquarters,
Sourcee, Erron-IV

Recent events have shaken the very foundation that the Joint United Planets were
created on.

The reemergence of a deadly plague has strained the cease fire that has held for
these past several months, and extremist groups have taken advantage of the
situation to create a climate of unrest throughout our space.

To help bring stability, I have assigned elements of our border defense force to
provide humanitarian aid to plague-torn regions and to help enforce the state of
martial law that will exist until this situation is put under control.

In addition, I am formally asking for assistance from our neighboring systems
and alliances.

The Joint United Planets have always had a tradition of helping out other
systems in need and of providing assistance when called on. We now ask the same
of you.

Our people are suffering and our ability to provide humanitarian aid is limited.
Also, extremist forces are using the opportunity to spread terror and increase
the suffering of innocent civilians.

Our local representatives will bring this message personally to each of our
neighboring systems and will help coordinate whatever efforts you can spare. But
I personally beseech you to please consider the lives of billions of innocent
civilians and answer our call for assistance.

Lead Administrator Warans
Joint United Planets
****************** end release *********************

==========================
...This story is also posted on Jain's Guide (www.wildbrick.com).

...This story is posted as a plot-seed for general use. Others are encouraged to
"respond" to the request as they see fit and post their replies here and to
their own universe web-pages.

...Jain's Guide (www.wildbrick.com) will gladly post links or even the whole
story for responses to this post.

General Rules:
- No fair solving the whole problem on your own. This situation covers 12
systems, try to limit your response somewhat so that others have room to play
too.
- You can use anything in this story to build on, but if you want to use other
people's stuff or stories as part of your work, ask permission first (especially
if you want to drag them into it in a negative light).
- Posting a response indicates a desire to have it added to the "shared
universe" we are building here. Your work may be referenced again by others or
by me; however, proper credit will always be given.
---
wubwub
wubwub@wildlink.com
jains.has.it        <-- Jain's Guide
www.sitcatsit.com   <-- a guy and his cat
www.wildlink.com    <-- the wildlinks

Start planning for BrickFest 2002!
The AFOL Community's Premier Fan Run Event!
www.brickfest.com