 Space / 10389
10388  |  10390
Subject:
Shared Universe Planning
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 7 Aug 2001 21:03:19 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Joint Universe Plans

...Ok, I whined about wanting to bring our universes together with common
stories or mentions and the like. But its better to do something than to whine
about it! :-)

...Towards doing something to unite us, I'm going to start weaving plot-seeds
for common use. About once a month, I will post a plot-seed here and on Jain's
Guide, and people then have a month to use the seed in their stories or in
relation to their site or however.

...For example. I could make a "Press Release" about increased pirate activity
in neutral space.

...From there you could write a release of how your group is dealing with the
pirates, or perhaps some "Scenes from a pirate raid" and a battle report, or a
new ship designed to help control piracy, or some "historical information on
piracy" or the region of space, or even a response to the "Overly-agressive
response from other groups", or perhaps a temporary alliance with other groups
to overcome the problem.

...I'll likely come up with some loose guidelines with each story to keep us
from running into each other too much. For example, with the pirates, a rule
would be that you cant have your group totally eliminate the problem overnight,
since that would basically keep anyone else from being able to write.

...Entries submitted can be used for future plot-seeds, plus you will gain the
admiration and respect of your peers in lugnet.space!!!

...So keep a look out for the first plot seed. I'll write up the "Press Release"
tonite or tomorrow and post it soon...

but just as a plan to get you started it will likely be a humanitarian call to
help a small alliance in the sector that is suffering from a massive plague
outbreak and the resulting civil unrest.

...Think about how your universe can solve the plot-seed above and when the
details get posted you can "get to it"!!
---
wubwub
wubwub@wildlink.com
jains.has.it        <-- Jain's Guide
www.sitcatsit.com   <-- a guy and his cat
www.wildlink.com    <-- the wildlinks

Start planning for BrickFest 2002!
The AFOL Community's Premier Fan Run Event!
www.brickfest.com