 Robotics / Scout / 234
233  |  235
Subject:
Scout SDK & USB IR Tower?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.scout
Date:
Tue, 13 May 2003 19:57:09 GMT

Hi,

I just recently downloaded the Scout SDK.  I installed the software, but, I
cannot get it to see my Scout. When I open the Scout Tool application an
error message says "Please be sure your Scout is turned on and within range,
then press init Ghost."  I have tried postioning my Scout and tower all
different ways to try to make the connection, but, nothing works.  This is
leading me to believe that the Scout SDK is only compatible with a serial
port tower. Does anyone know if this is the case?

I have been using NQC and BricxCC with my Scout and tower and it works
nicely, so, I guess I really don't need the SDK, but, It would be something
cool to play with if I can get it to work.

If anyone has and tips, suggestions, or comments, I'd like to hear from you.

Thanks,

Martin