 Robotics / NXT / 87
86  |  88
Subject:
NeXTTool fix & NBC update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.nxt
Date:
Mon, 21 Aug 2006 14:09:48 GMT

I have updated the zips for BrickTool and NeXTTool to fix a small problem with
downloading .ric files to the NXT brick.

I also uploaded a new beta for NBC which implements a pseudo wait opcode (which
was dropped from the firmware at some point).  If you use the wait opcode at
least one time in a thread then the compiler will automatically create a
thread-specific wait subroutine and call it in place of the wait opcode.  The
argument to the wait opcode must be an integer constant with a range of 0-65535.

The reason for the fix related to .ric files was because a user reported that
when he downloaded them using NBC they were not working correctly in his NBC
program.  I thought to myself that of course NBC only downloaded .rxe files but
that is not the case (as this user pointed out to me).  NBC shares the same
download code as is found in the NeXTTool utility so if you want to you can use
NBC as a file downloader.  You just need to pass the -b switch so that it treats
the file as binary and doesn't try to compile it.  You learn something new every
day. :-)

John Hansen