 Robotics / NXT / 584
583  |  585
Subject:
pbLua Fun at OSX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.nxt
Date:
Wed, 21 Mar 2007 20:26:40 GMT

Hello World,

pbLua-Beta2 is out and 90% of my wishes are true now :D
Running pbLua with OSX worked out of the box...
1. Flashing NXT and reboot the box once
2. checking for new NXT-Device (ls -la /dev/tty.usb*)
3. connecting with screen to NXT (screen /dev/ttyusbmodem2B11 9600)
4. Having fun with pbLua :D

Everything worked as I expected !

Using screen is not the best way to work with new system, we need a LAN
connection to become happier... No problem: socat will do the job!

socat TCP4-LISTEN:10001 /dev/tty.usbmodem2B11,b9600,raw,echo=0

Now you have a LAN-enabled pbLua NXT, just telnet to host and port (telnet
localhost 1001)

Wow!

But after playing around I got some new wishes for next pbLua-Version:
1. console via BlueTooth (selected by NXT-button at bootup)
2. storing Lua-Files directly at the NXT
3. boot directly into Lua-Program

Ralph, this was a really great job!

Thanks for all
Bye