 Robotics / NXT / 238
Subject:
Mac universal bluetooth filebrowser.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.nxt
Date:
Wed, 6 Dec 2006 02:00:25 GMT

Hi,

i have written a little filebrowser for Mac OS X - Tiger (10.4.X).

The DMG can be downloaded from my site.

-- Carsten

Re: Mac universal bluetooth filebrowser.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.nxt
Date:
Wed, 6 Dec 2006 02:47:02 GMT

Cool, works pretty good, except the download function doesn't seem to work?

Have you tried ruby-nxt?  It provides bluetooth access and works well
on intel macs.  It doesn't have all the system commands for
uploading/downloading files yet, but I'm working on it.

http://rubyforge.org/projects/ruby-nxt/

i have written a little filebrowser for Mac OS X - Tiger (10.4.X).
The DMG can be downloaded from • <http://web.mac.com/carstenm/iWeb/Lego/NXT/F2F73940-D837-4038-9011-2968725A2872.html
my site>.

Re: Mac universal bluetooth filebrowser.
Cool, works pretty good, except the download function doesn't seem to work?

Oops. They are implemented and have worked for me. You should even be able to
download files from the NXT by drag and drop from the table. I'll investigate
this further.

Have you tried ruby-nxt?  It provides bluetooth access and works well
on intel macs.  It doesn't have all the system commands for
uploading/downloading files yet, but I'm working on it.
No i haven't. Thats cause i have not written a single line of ruby yet. I only
know that the language exists and that i should invest some time to investigate
it more deeply.

[...]

Dragging the file out of the list works!  Download button doesn't.  I
click download, it asks me where I want to save it, but then the file
never downloads.

Re: Mac universal bluetooth filebrowser.
Dragging the file out of the list works!  Download button doesn't.  I
click download, it asks me where I want to save it, but then the file
never downloads.

It's fixed.

- Carsten