 Robotics / Handy Board / 8265
8264  |  8266
Subject:
IR control
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Fri, 26 Jan 2001 20:38:14 GMT

Hi all.
I've just completed construction of my handyboard and I'm very excited
to start experimenting
with it.  I had thought as a first exercise that I would program the
board to respond to my
TV ir remote so I could command a small platform to move left, right,
forward, and reverse.
  This seemed like a fine idea at the time, but now I find that using
the on board ir decoder
is not so easy.  In searching the web and this news group,  I find very
little information about
the ir decoder and how to make use of it.  About the only thing I've
been able to  do is run the
test proceedure mentioned in my assembly instructions from Acroname.
I do not have a sony remote, but I downloaded the sony-ir file to see
how it worked.  The assembly code tells me nothing about what to do on
my own.  Has anyone any experience or
ideas as to how to use a TV ir remote to send simple commands to the
handy board?
Thanks,
John Mathews