 Robotics / Handy Board / *8579 (-5)
Subject:
control large number of leds (?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sun, 29 Feb 2004 19:37:12 GMT

hi.

i'm working in a project in which i'll need to control the brightness of about
700 leds.  i've just begun to research solutions - and i'm not sure the hb is
the right microcontroller for the job, but i thought perhaps an hb user on this
list would have some relevant experience and could perhaps point me in the
direction of the right hardware/software combination.  it seems as though i'll
need multiple microcontrollers, and additional hardware to manage the control of
a large numbers of leds.

the MAX6954 4-Wire Interfaced, 2.7V to 5.5V LED Display Driver with I/O Expander
and Key Scan made by maxim-ic was suggested as a possibility - if anyone is
familiar with it.

http://www.maxim-ic.com/quick_view2.cfm/qv_pk/3410

separate but related, i'll need the software running on the mc to be able to
return the current time, down to seconds.  i know system time is available on
the hb, but gets reset everytime the device is rebooted.  so - if there are any
suggestions regarding a solution for this piece as well it would be much
appreciated.

thanks in advance,
claudia

Subject:
handyboard for sale
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sat, 13 Dec 2003 00:31:28 GMT

Hi I have few NEW assembled handyboards for sale.
if any one interested
visit http://www.mindsensors.com/handyboard.htm

Nitin@
www.mindsensors.com

Subject:
lego reflectance sensors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Fri, 31 Oct 2003 14:49:14 GMT

Hello,

we are using Lego reflectance sensors for an experiment and the HB is
showing a rather strange behavior. If we plug a single sensor in the
expansion board, it works fine, but when two of them are connected, then
none of them work. Even more, if the single sensor reading is 200 decreases over
185 when the second one is connected, without any change in sensor position. We
tried the 4 lego sensor inputs and nothing changes. We are
sure that it is not a sensor problem, but what is it then? any idea?

thanks!

Subject:
hady board short circuit...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 22 Oct 2003 11:47:26 GMT

Hello,

when I switch the HB on, first both -- batt and pow -- lights are on for a
second and inmediatelly, both become off again. The U13 voltage regulator
gets very hot in few seconds. I've changed that unit but there is no change in
the board's behavior. I think the board is shortcircuited some where, but
where?

thanks!

Subject:
Compass sensor and Ultrasonic Range Finder
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 21 Oct 2003 14:02:04 GMT

Hi, all:
  I am a new user of Handy board. And I have a problem with assembling the
Compass sensor and Ultrasonic Range Finder.
  Compass sensor's model is CMPS03 and Ultrasonic Range Finder is
SRF04(Please visit http://www.robotstorehk.com/sensor.html for more
details). And I find that I could not assembly those sensors in a normal
way. Can anyone told me how to assembly them ?

  My Handyboard is HB-A-IC-DB9(Please visit
http://www.robotstorehk.com/handyboard.html for more details), that is the
board which without expansion board.

  Actually, my aims is only let the robot can use compass sensor, ultrasonic
range finder, and somethings else that I have already success assembly them.
If there are another models of those sensors that is more suitable for
Handyboard, please told me in detail.

Please reply to my email address: navypcms@yahoo.com.hk

--
best regards,