 Robotics / CyberMaster / 141
Re: Set 8482
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics.cybermaster
Date:
Sun, 27 Jun 2010 15:40:15 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Jetro de Chateau wrote:
In lugnet.technic, Sonnich Jensen wrote:
Hi

A friend gave me a used set 8482 - now I wonder what to :)
I am going to use some parts of it, but:

1) there is no remote control - only the receiver / motor -
how much can it do? Any idea of keeping it?
There is an extra motor, it can be controller to?
3 inputs (switches I asume)

2) there is no cd or cable - question same as in 1

WBR
Sonnich

Hi there,

Did you have a look at the inventory?
As long as you have RF tower and the antennas (at least 2 of them) in addition
to the big blue/green brick you are fine.
There are indeed 3 touch sensors in the set and a couple of electric wires to
hook them up to the three yellow ports. The extra motor can be connected (and
controlled through) the black port. Building instructions and a programming
environment come on the CD, but you can also use NQC to program the Cybermaster
using the BricxCC interface.
The cable is a standard female-Female serial cable.
If you have further questions feel free to ask or have a look at the LUGNET
robotics Cybermaster group.

Jetro

Thanks

The robotics Cybermaster group looks dead - nothing for 2 years.

I do not have the remote control (RF tower), as I found in the papers and
invetory. I dont have time, but I am thinking of taking the elektronics out and
building my own. For my need that might be easier.
But the RF tower is available from BL for 5 USD near me. The wire I can make

Then I only need the CD, which is available from BL too, but not in English (or
any other language for me Danish or Estonian)
Are this avaible as download somewhere?

What is BricxCC?

What options do I have in the software? Are the wheel drive the same for both or
can I control the 2 wheels independently?
I want to have a button to start some action, and then let it run for say 30
secs, maybe a swicth for counting checking. Very basic and simple stuff

Sonnich