 Robotics / CyberMaster / 132
  Custom sensors on the cybermaster

I've managed to get communication up and running from labview to the cybermaster, and noticed as I was testing different resistors as sensors that the values returned is following a curve. This suggests to me that the inputs on the cybermaster are (...) (18 years ago, 24-Aug-06, to lugnet.robotics.cybermaster)

  Re: Custom sensors on the cybermaster

(...) Thanks to Michael Barrett Andersen who knew that the opcode was 0x11 I now have control over the tacho counters as well: 0xFE 0x00 0x00 0xFF 0x11 0xEE 0x01 0xFE 0x12 0xED | Header | opcode | motorID | Checksum | MotorID is: 0x01 0xFE or 0x02 (...) (18 years ago, 25-Aug-06, to lugnet.robotics.cybermaster)

  Re: Custom sensors on the cybermaster

Hi John, (...) maybe that curve corresponds to a 10k Pullup-Resistor to 5V? (...) Yes, on the RCX it is 0 to 5V with 10 bit resolution. I'd suppose the Cybermaster is compatible with that, except that it cannot provide power to active sensors. (...) (18 years ago, 27-Aug-06, to lugnet.robotics.cybermaster)

  Re: Custom sensors on the cybermaster

(...) Good I found this post today - I was just about to fool around w/ one of my spare cybermasters and hook up the RIS light sensors to it. So that's obviously a useless attempt, as the active sensors won't do a thing. Which in turn means that in (...) (18 years ago, 28-Nov-06, to lugnet.robotics.cybermaster)

  Re: Custom sensors on the cybermaster

Hi Jerry, (...) It's not that useless, the light sensor also works passively, it's just even less sensitive than in active mode. Jürgen (18 years ago, 29-Nov-06, to lugnet.robotics.cybermaster)

  Re: Custom sensors on the cybermaster

(...) Oops, I didn't realize that. In that case it might be perfectly allright with me, because I will need to set the light sensor against a dedicated light source anyway. Sensitivity would be just sufficient in that case, I guess. Thanks Jürgen, (...) (18 years ago, 1-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.cybermaster)