 Robotics / 9816
Re: Video image analisys
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 7 Jan 2000 16:34:08 GMT

Hi Marco,

I haven't done any vision processing yet, but plan to get into it sometime this
summer. In the meantime, I've been casually scanning the web for related sites.
Here's one you may find useful:

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs/project/cil/ftp/html/vision.html

David Leeper (hopes this helps)

In lugnet.robotics, "Marco C." <marco@soporcel.pt> writes:
Has anyone done a PC-side program to do some video analisys, resulting in
op-code sending to RCX/CyberMaster action control ?

I want to do a "target" follower PC program, sending op-codes to my pBrick
(CyberMaster) to control the X and Y rotation of a video camera.

I'm still waiting for an European version of XCam, so I'll do the first
tests with a camcorder connected to my ATI All-in-Wonder PRO video-in.

*First* I'll have to deal with the video frame grabbing, and frame
analisys, so the program can detect the moving of a specified target, and
instruct the pBrick acordingly to rotate the video-cam so that the target
stays within the center of the image.

er... has anyone done such a thing ?

Are there any source-code examples or how-to's ?

thxs :)
Marco C. aka McViper