 Robotics / 8257
8256  |  8258
Subject:
DCP Sensor Adapter,
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 16 Nov 1999 20:34:29 GMT

DCP stands for DCP Microelectronics.  They manufacture a range of sensors
for their LogIT range (a data logging device with three inputs - each
capable of taking passive or active sensors - sound familier?).

This is now relevent with the introduction of the DCP Sensor adapter for the
RCX which I mentioned in an earlier post (see below).

Go to www.gly.bris.ac.uk/WWW/TerraNova/logit/logit.html  for more
information on LogIT.  I have absolutely nothing with regards to DCP sensors
(yet....).

Phil Case

----- Original Message -----
From: Michael Gasperi <gasperi@alynk.com>
Newsgroups: lugnet.robotics
Sent: Thursday, November 11, 1999 8:08 PM
Subject: Re: eLAB and sensor stuff.

Phil Case <phil@case.enta.net> wrote in message
news:FKzzv8.8Ly@lugnet.com...
3.    We get an illustration (not a photo) of the sensor adapter.
        Item 9917 DCP Sensor Adapter (£33.40).
        It looks like it's got a DIN style plug on the end.  I know very
    little  on this otherwise.    Perhaps someone else knows about DCP.
4     Also advertises new sensors coming soon....

I got this news from the Robolab support people today:

"The new adapter is being designed and constructed presently.  With it you
will
be able to utilize certain sensors from DCP including humidity, light, pH,
and
temperature.  Stay tuned.  The website will have additional information in
approximately 30 days. "

I've drawn a blank on what DCP stands for.  Is that some Dacta thing?
Anyway, sounds like a general purpose interface that will provide new
sensors to folks that don't want to build their own.