 Robotics / 4038
4037  |  4039
Subject:
A walking robot with (only) two legs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 26 Feb 1999 15:38:19 GMT

I built a walking robot that has just two legs. It has a very limited
functionality: cannot turn neither detect or avoid obstacles. The interesting
thing IMO is it walks shifting its centre of gravity from one leg to the
other, making possible for it to raise the free leg and push it forward.

I reached this result moving the heaviest thing there's on the bot: RCX,
mounted on a motor-driven slide. The software manages the slide and
synchronises its movement with the legs.

There are some pictures of it published in my site.

Comments and suggestions welcome...

Mario

Mario Ferrari
http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Galaxy/9449/