 Robotics / 27951 (-20)
  Re: Asking for RIS 2.0 patch under Windows XP

Dear Mr. Putz: I am having the same problem of "A critical error has occurred" with Widows Vista. I have deleted the "Ris 2.0mov.#res" file but the same critical error occurs. Any suggestions? (...) (13 years ago, 3-Nov-11, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Help vintage 1093 Interface A

(...) I have constructed a cable to use a PC Parallel Port and have written a small C# program to control the 9750 / 1093 Technic Interface A. I have a description of the cable and source code on (URL) (13 years ago, 28-Oct-11, to lugnet.robotics)

  SMART's BrickCon Display

I want to thank everyone who participated in this year's SMART display at BrickCon. It was absolutely amazing! We couldn't have done it without everyone's help. Every element was crucial, and worked amazingly! Named "BallMageddon" because either it (...) (13 years ago, 12-Oct-11, to lugnet.org.us.smart, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.events.nwbrickcon)

  Cavern exploration robot

Hi all, those who would like to follow our new project, please go to www.convict.lu/Jeune...sIntro.htm and follow the "Casemates project blog". The idea is to design and program a robot that can navigate through the casemates, which are sorts of (...) (13 years ago, 11-Oct-11, to lugnet.robotics)

  NXT motor parameters

Hi all, I came across Philippe Hurbain's excellent website sometime ago. On the Motor Internals page, there is a link that points to Ryo Watanabe's page containing information on NXT motor parameters. On that page, the torque constant (Kt) and (...) (13 years ago, 12-Jun-11, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Asking for RIS 2.0 patch under Windows XP

Threre are two fixes to the "A critical error has occurred" problem. One fix is to uninstall the latest Quicktime and install the older Quicktime version from the RIS CD (or any Quicktime version older than version 7). Another fix (described earlier (...) (13 years ago, 2-Jun-11, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Asking for RIS 2.0 patch under Windows XP

I know what the answer to this one is! I solved the "A critical error has occurred" problem with Robotics Invention System 2.0 by uninstalling QuickTime and installing the QuickTime version from the RIS 2.0 disk. Don't forget to delete the (...) (13 years ago, 2-Jun-11, to lugnet.robotics)

  LEGO® Group and X PRIZE Foundation Announce MoonBots 2.0 Challenge

LEGO Group and X PRIZE Foundation Announce MoonBots 2.0 Challenge Published on May 25, 2011 By Andy Choi The MoonBots 2.0: A Google Lunar X Prize LEGO MINDSTORMS Challenge has been announced by the LEGO Group and the X PRIZE Foundation. This contest (...) (13 years ago, 26-May-11, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  LEGO robotic boat

Hi, "Serendipity", a LEGO robotic boat, was launched on April 28th, 2011. It was able to autonomously cross the Lac de la Haute-Sûre in Luxembourg, traveling 800m within 40 minutes. The boat started from Lultzhausen; it reached two waypoints in the (...) (13 years ago, 30-Apr-11, to lugnet.robotics)

  Hispabrick Magazine 010

Hispabrick Magazine 010 is ready for download from our website (URL) In this new edition you will be able to enjoy our regular features, reviews, MINDSTORMS, LDraw, building trees... Of particular interest to the Robotics community are the article (...) (13 years ago, 6-Apr-11, to lugnet.robotics)

  2011 LEGO Engineering Symposium

The Tufts Center for Engineering Education and Outreach (CEEO) invites you to the 5th annual LEGO Engineering Symposium May 24-26, 2011 at Tufts University in Medford, Massachusetts, USA. The LEGO Engineering Symposium aims to bring together (...) (13 years ago, 20-Feb-11, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Motors comparison page updated

(...) I have come across some industrial heater controls. To get the heaters at part power (to run them in a closed-loop temperature control), a method of burst firing is used. The circuit measures the zero crossings of the AC supply and turns the (...) (13 years ago, 25-Feb-11, to lugnet.robotics)

  Humanoid Robot

any one have idea about world's most advanced humanoid robots ??????? I look forward to hear from you guys.. (URL) Modular Robots ----- (URL) Modular Robots (13 years ago, 14-Feb-11, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: My latest colour iteration of the 948 go-cart

(...) Someone's been watching a little too much CSI:Toronto. Either that or Animal Planet.... [JOHN] (13 years ago, 28-Jan-11, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: My latest colour iteration of the 948 go-cart

(...) No, just marking my territory, in the event of Daves passing, my dna will prove ownership. Wink. Janey "Red Brick" (13 years ago, 28-Jan-11, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Anyone else tried the Firgelli actuators?

(...) That's something expected because the encoder is a relative position one, just like in the regular NXT motor. (...) I have not noticed that - could you send me your program? Philo (13 years ago, 26-Jan-11, to lugnet.robotics)

  Anyone else tried the Firgelli actuators?

I decided to spring for one of the expensive Firgelli actuators, and just gave it a quick try. I either got a broken unit, or it is the worst piece of junk anyone has ever made for NXT. First of all, you command it to move a distance, not command it (...) (13 years ago, 25-Jan-11, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Lots of gratitude

Dear Brahm, We know we are not supposed to do this on this forum, but we shall do it anyways because our gratitude towards you is more intense than just a 5 star rating. We have been trying to make our RIS 2.0 software and hardware work for many and (...) (13 years ago, 18-Jan-11, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Motors comparison page updated

(...) No, purely resistive. Although it does have a "boot up" time, I think it's just due to heating up the element. I'm not completely sure if the element will respond better to a "dimmer" type set-up (running it at less than normal voltage) or a (...) (13 years ago, 15-Jan-11, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.org.us.smart)

  Re: Motors comparison page updated

(...) Interesting thread, even if a bit off topic of LEGO motors. I'm not an expert on power circuits, but a google search turned up this web site with a number of interesting power supply circuits (there is a search option). (URL) Putz (URL) (13 years ago, 13-Jan-11, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.org.us.smart)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact