 Robotics / 27874
Re: Brickworld 2010 Mindstorms competitions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.events.brickworld
Date:
Tue, 18 May 2010 12:09:13 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, John Brost wrote:
Hello all LEGO Mindstorms robotics lovers,

Brickworld 2010 is coming up very soon, and the competition rules have been
posted to the Brickworld website (www.brickworld.us)  Look for the event rules
under the Challenges tab under Event Info.  We will be running 4
Mindstorm-specific events at Brickworld.

On Thursday, we will be holding a BOTS (Build On The Spot) challenge.  We'll get
the challenge Thursday, be given some time to build, program, and practice, then
we'll compete.  We did this for the first time last year, and it was a lot of
fun.  So remember to bring some loose Mindstorms components with you to
Brickworld so you can take part.

Friday we'll be playing Robot Basketball.  The rules are on the website.

Saturday we'll be competing in the robot portion of the 2009 FIRST LEGO League
Smart Move challenge.  We'll be following all the standard FLL rules &
regulations and using the same scoring system & time limit.

Sunday is Robot Jousting day.  Again, the rules are posted on the Brickworld
website.

I'll try my best to remember to look in here every once in a while to answer any
questions anybody has.

I look forward to seeing all of you at Brickworld :)

John

In reference to the Robot Jousting, It isn't clear in the instructions if
'knocking the other robot off once/IF they meet' is ok or not?  I see stuff like
'SUMO on a tightrope' and the word 'Jousting' which makes me think knock away,
but then there is a reference about 'if the robots actually passed each other'.
Just want to make sure I don't bring a bot that will be called the schoolyard
bully or the schoolyard wimp if it's doing the opposite of what is expected.

Thanks

Sam Forker