 Robotics / 27667 (+40)
  Re: Vision Command alternate camera

"Steve Hassenplug" <steve@teamhassenplug.org> wrote in message news:c1b3c2010903041...ail.com... (...) Right, the camera does, but at least that's [something]. Its a connection to the computer, but at least the one I'm referring to is wireless. I (...) (15 years ago, 4-Mar-09, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Ogre - a LEGO NXT based "tank"

(...) Thank you - I glad folks liked this. (...) And I'm somewhat shocked at what hitting Gizmodo does to view statistics on YouTube. Wow. I can see why /. can set down a server *fast*... (...) While I don't have BS photos up yet, Steve Hassenplug (...) (15 years ago, 4-Mar-09, to lugnet.robotics)

  Brickworld and Westin Strengthen Ties

(URL) Share - Learn - Explore - Discover The Brickworld Team is very excited to be strengthening our ties to the Westin North Shore Hotel. The staff of the Westin has been invaluable to making Brickworld the success that it is by providing a (...) (15 years ago, 4-Mar-09, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.events, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.people, FTX) !!

  Cybermaster programming

It is possible to run NQC program from the computer instead to download it and run on the cybermaster lego unit? For example to make it possible to control the lego robot with the PC-keybord. (15 years ago, 6-Mar-09, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Cybermaster programming

(...) This works with the RCX, I don't know why it wouldn't work with a Cybermaster. (15 years ago, 6-Mar-09, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Cybermaster programming

How I choose to run the program on the PC? can I use vanilla language like C++ or java? (...) (15 years ago, 7-Mar-09, to lugnet.robotics)

  How can I set inch unit or metric(cm) unit to Sonar sensor?

Hi, I am building a NXT remote control program but atempt a problem. I am now success to reading sensors even ultrasonic(sonar) sensor. But I want to set the sonar to imperial(inch) unit or metric(Centimeter) unit. Or, want to know how to reading (...) (15 years ago, 7-Mar-09, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: How can I set inch unit or metric(cm) unit to Sonar sensor?

(...) The sensor itself returns only cm values. To use inches just multiply the result by 100 and divide by 254 (1 inch = 2.54 cm, but since we are dealing with integers we use 1/2.54 = 100/254) Philo (15 years ago, 7-Mar-09, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: How can I set inch unit or metric(cm) unit to Sonar sensor?

(...) Thank you very much your reply. Have a nice day!! :) NXTelectroneer:-D (15 years ago, 8-Mar-09, to lugnet.robotics)

  Brickworld - Build On The Spot Challenge

(URL) Share - Learn - Explore - Discover The Brickworld Team has arranged to create and execute a Build On-The-Spot (BOTS) challenge at this year's event. This challenge will be completed in addition to the regular Mindstorms displays and events. As (...) (15 years ago, 12-Mar-09, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.events, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.people, FTX) !

  Re: Control Lab Interface response time

CAN THIS BE CHECKED WITH DIFFERENT HARDWARE? PERHAPS THERE IS A LOOSE CONNECTION OR BAD CHIP< SORRY FOR THE CAPS> (...) (15 years ago, 14-Mar-09, to lugnet.robotics)

  NXT based 3D scanner

(URL) As a LDraw parts author, I am always interested to find new ways to model LEGO parts. Many parts have a clear geometric structure and are relatively easy to create, but parts like minifig animals or wigs have no defined geometric shape and are (...) (15 years ago, 14-Mar-09, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.robotics, FTX) !

  Re: NXT based 3D scanner

(...) WOWWWW !!! Category "best NXT-robots"! Congrates!!! (15 years ago, 14-Mar-09, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  Re: NXT based 3D scanner

(...) Fantastic work Philo! I'm so envious. I work daily with 3D coordinate measuring machines (CMM) of all kinds ((URL) and my secret dream for many years has been to build one with LEGO. I've never managed to construct a reliable probe, though - (...) (15 years ago, 14-Mar-09, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NXT based 3D scanner

(...) That is a remarkable creation. It seems very useful. Great work. Jim (15 years ago, 15-Mar-09, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  Re: NXT based 3D scanner

(...) That's just outright awesome.. I don't know what else to write in this post! Word-awaytaking work. (15 years ago, 15-Mar-09, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  Re: How to control NXT motor's rotation by using LabView NXT Direct Commands?

Hi, i'm interested too to see how I can make an input port to the block of motor. I want to make a rc controlled car, with two NXT. One will be the handwheel with the rotation sensor in one motor, I will send the number of degrees, and the RC car, (...) (15 years ago, 16-Mar-09, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Brickworld - Build On The Spot Challenge

(...) I'd like to register a team. Steve Hassenplug (15 years ago, 16-Mar-09, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.general, lugnet.events, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.people)

  Is bluetooth signal strength field work or not?

First, My NXT's firmware version is 1.05.(retail version) There is a field named "Bluetooth Signal Strength" in return package of the "GetDeviceInfo" command. I guess, It tells the strength of bluetooth radio that received NXT brick. But it is (...) (15 years ago, 16-Mar-09, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: How to control NXT motor's rotation by using LabView NXT Direct Commands?

If I read this correctly, you should simply be able to read the rotation sensors, using the rotation sensor block.  That will give you the value you want. Steve (...) (15 years ago, 16-Mar-09, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Is bluetooth signal strength field work or not?

(...) If memory serves, yes - the field is there (and I think the BlueCore chip has the information), but it's not used. (15 years ago, 16-Mar-09, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: How to control NXT motor's rotation by using LabView NXT Direct Commands?

<Thanks, but is not the information that i need. I know that with the rotation sensor, I can read the value of the rotation of one motor, but what I want is that this number, I want to put by a wire to a motor block, and that will make this example: (...) (15 years ago, 16-Mar-09, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: How to control NXT motor's rotation by using LabView NXT Direct Commands?

(...) got it (...) There's not a super-easy way to do that. But, what you need to do is: 1) Read rotation value & direction of motor A 2) Look at rotation value & direction of motor B 3) Subtract B from A 4) Move motor B distance & direction (sign) (...) (15 years ago, 16-Mar-09, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NXT based 3D scanner

It's very impressive that you pulled off a reasonably-precise 3D scanner using LEGO. Don't worry about its speed: all touch/contact scanners are slow. :) (15 years ago, 16-Mar-09, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Is bluetooth signal strength field work or not?

(...) Thanks for your reply, brian. English is not my native language, so my post may have wrong word. Also thanks for your correction. :) (15 years ago, 17-Mar-09, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NXT based 3D scanner

Stunning! Don't know what else to say. Please do the owl next (URL) would be so nice. Jaco (15 years ago, 17-Mar-09, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  Re: NXT based 3D scanner

Thanks everybody, be sure that when I got my first frog LDraw model out of it I was enthusiastic too! (...) But I am a bit afraid that the wings patterns will not be recognisable after the scan... Philo (15 years ago, 17-Mar-09, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.robotics)

  Some Mindstorms NXT questions

1.Are there any phones that you can use alongside the Bluetooth in the NXT? Being able to use the features of a phone (cellular radio, faster CPU, internet connectivity, storage space (including memory cards on many models), GPS in some models etc) (...) (15 years ago, 18-Mar-09, to lugnet.robotics)

  AW: Some Mindstorms NXT questions

Hi, (...) Yes. The color of the cover only, to be precise. (...) (URL) (will the NXT stay the same or will it be (...) Stays the same. (15 years ago, 18-Mar-09, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Some Mindstorms NXT questions

Hi Jonathan, latest Nokia Models incorporates GPS for example. N95 is an example. another kind of mobile phone is N800/N810 which incorporate USB Host. Cheers Juan Antonio Breña Moral www.juanantonio.info (15 years ago, 19-Mar-09, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Ogre - a LEGO NXT based "tank"

Mr. Davis! I just watched the video, AND IT IS AWESOME! That combination of controls is fantastic. I am really glad you posted this creation. I couldn't get over the way the thing shoots! It is utterly _!_ridiculoid_!_ LOL! <3 I really like the (...) (15 years ago, 22-Mar-09, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NXT based 3D scanner

Philo! What a great tool to help your parts authoring. Not only is this creation fantastic, rare and unique, but some of your technical descriptions leave me reaching for my coffee and asprin! Amazing! I love the part of the video where you pan over (...) (15 years ago, 22-Mar-09, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Ogre - a LEGO NXT based "tank"

(...) Thank you! The controls started out unintentional - I really wanted to use the NXt motors with encoders for other functions, so started out with just the XL PF motors. But as it is, it works great. It actually allows a third dual-control mode (...) (15 years ago, 23-Mar-09, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NXT based 3D scanner

Hi Eric, (...) Sorry for the aspirin, that was not intended ;o) (...) Thanks! And yes, I am from Earth... Philo (15 years ago, 23-Mar-09, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.robotics)

  Robot podcast

Recently Markus Waibel recommended here the link to a most interesting robotics podcast site. (URL) you will find there an interview with Tufts Professor Chris Rogers about "Learning with LEGO". Enjoy: (URL) (15 years ago, 27-Mar-09, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Robot podcast

(...) I forgot to mention the second interview on the same site with Liz Herron from the LEGO Education Center. (15 years ago, 27-Mar-09, to lugnet.robotics)

  New PF elements - has anybody played with them?

Got my catalog the other day and, (while watching my five-year-old circle *everything* as "something she wants"), noticed the Emerald Night train, the new PF based train set. Looks like S@H is going to sell the new PF stuff as a kit: (URL) anyone (...) (15 years ago, 28-Mar-09, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  I have some questions about motor control

Hi, Finaly, my project attempt to clear the last big boss. However, I am done the single motor control. Now I would try to control pair of motorol with synchronize. But the motor control command has so many option and flag, so I confuse using of (...) (15 years ago, 28-Mar-09, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Power Function control with RCX and BrickOS

(...) Unfortunately the link no longer works and I can't find it anywhere on your new website either. Is it still available anywhere? Thanks in advance Jetro (15 years ago, 29-Mar-09, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  Re: Power Function control with RCX and BrickOS

Hello Jetro, check this URL: (URL) found it after some googling... Greetings Maico Arts Jetro de Chateau schreef: (...) (15 years ago, 29-Mar-09, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact