 Robotics / 27628
Re: BricxCC on Linux
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 18 Jan 2009 00:00:09 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Javier Taibo wrote:
  Hi John,

  I'd like to help testing it in my Linux system.

I forgot to mention that at this stage I have been exclusively testing
connectivity with the LEGO NXT and I have not tried at all to get the RCX
communication layer working correctly.  It may not take a lot of work to get it
functional but I just haven't had a chance to look at it yet.  Even executing an
external compiler executable or brickOS tool like "dll" has not been tried.
What I have tried is NXT communication and compiling NBC/NXC code for the NXT
using the NBC compiler that is built into BricxCC.  Brick communication via USB
seems to be working fine, although I have only tested it on a ubuntu install and
the steps required to get USB connectivity working within either the NBC
standalone compiler or this new test version of BricxCC may be different on
other Linux distributions.  If you can get the standalone NBC compiler for linux
to talk to your NXT then there is a very good chance that this test BricxCC will
also be able to talk to your NXT.

John Hansen