 Robotics / 27551
Re: RCX Programming on GNU/Linux
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 23 Aug 2008 23:05:43 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Andrew G. Meyer wrote:
So, I am delurking after a year or so to ask if anyone has seen a good way to
work with the RCX on Linux. I have available to me RS232 and USB towers, RCX
versions 1.0, 1.5, and 2.0, ROBOLAB versions 1.0 through 2.9 (plus bug fix),
RIS2.0, as well as any free or relatively cheap (<$20) hardware and software. I
am not picky about language, as I was playing around with ROBOLAB, NQC, and
leJOS a year ago when I was still running XP.

I have tried to run ROBOLAB 2.9 under Wine with no success, but I am more than
willing to try again if someone else has had success. For reference, my dev
platform will likely be my Compaq Presario V6000 with 2GB RAM running Ubuntu
8.04 with kernel version (as of this post) 2.6.24-19.

And there's always BrickOS - can be a bit of work to setup, but gives you a GNU
C compiler & tools, with C++ support.

http://brickos.sourceforge.net/

ROSCO