 Robotics / 27501
Re: ONLINE LEGO NXT INTERFACING WORKSHOP
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 15 Jul 2008 22:31:31 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.nxt, Brian Davis wrote:
In lugnet.robotics.nxt, Don Wilcher wrote:

...participants will be learning the basics of electronics interfacing
aided by Hi Technic's Prototype Sensor Development Board along with the
"off the shelf" electronic components and the LEGO NXT.

Do you have any more information on this? It sounds interesting - and I love the
HT Prototype board, I'm using it in my HALE mission to run far more sensors and
even a heater circuit than I could have otherwise (& I'm lousy at electronics -
this board makes it easy). But for a projected cost of $90 to $100, it's a
little hard to justify. Are you going to ship all the parts needed to each
participant? What's in the manual? You could buy several NXT interfacing books
for the same price after all.

For additional information, I've had a flyer  for
downloading along with some general details about
the workshop at my blog

That looks nice, but it doesn't actually provide any more information. Is there
a parts list? A project list? A summary of the manual or any other information
on what would be sent to participants beyond the "logic board"? I only ask
because if you already have a price in mind, you must have an idea of the
material costs to you, and thus what you might be providing to participants.

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the comments. Right now I'm just soliciting to see if there is an
interest. The cost would include:

1. The Logic Probe Kit

2. Workshop Manual

3. Small bag of parts

4. Renting conference space for using Skypes Whiteboard

I'll be investigating with Hi Technics if sponsorship is possible whereby the
protot boards would be discounted for purchase or as donation to the workshop.
If you have some LEGO NXT hobbyist who are interested in spicing up their
robotics projects with electronics, spread the word.

Regards

Don W.