 Robotics / 27344
27343  |  27345
Subject:
RSRA-2008
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 18 Jan 2008 17:49:29 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

I have been working with a Home Schooler named Ian, to create a Robotic Arm.

The Arm was created over a 4 session building period.
I call it the RSRA-2008.

The Arm consists of primarily black Technic construction.
It utilizes x3 9v geared motors, and x1 NXT motor for the end effector.

Motor Scheme:
1 Motorized Turntable. 9v motor
2 Center Segment. 9v motor
1 Mechanical Hand. 1 NXT motor

Sensor Scheme:
1 Rotation Sensor. @ Turntable
1 Ultra Sonic Sensor. @ end effector

Controller Scheme:
1 RCX
1 NXT

The hand was inspired by Brickshelf Builder: momonga

The goal is to construct a rover vehicle with the two left over motors from the NXT kit, then mount the RSRA on the top.

One of my other student’s named Buckey, had an ear to ear grin yesterday as I had him test the Arm for the first time since it was completed.

The RSRA-2008 will be displayed at the Liberty Science Center for the FLL Expo. I was invited by the New Jersey State Champions; the Landroids to hold a discussion on Technic Construction on President’s day in Febuary. So we have until then to teach it some cool tricks!

Eric Sophie