 Robotics / 26621
Re: monkey rail
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 9 Dec 2006 21:31:27 GMT

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by 'use locomotion' nor am I
suer how a race would work, but your ideas are appreciated. I hadn't
thought about not using electricity at all.
The only train stuff I have is a couple of blue rails... another dead
end, but maybe someone else can do something with the idea.

regards

linmix

Lauren Daniel wrote:
Hello, thanks again. One thing I was thinking about building is a
stationary base that has a  pivot on one side and notches on the
other. It could sit flat or be raised on one side by hand.
Then instead of haveing a motor control the rail use a mechanical link
that runs the distance underneath and comes out under the base pivot.
Then a person controlling it would sit at the pivot end and operate a
horizontel slider. You would have precision control of marble. Even
better would be to position a second one right next to it shareing
some infrastructure but haveing it's own actuator. Then 2 people could
race each other.
or
if you want it powered without rotation sensors  use locomotion to
actuate instead of a rack. that way if you use the Pole Reversers it
will keep going instead of running out of travel.
The train regulator would be better then the Technic Pole Reversers
for this because you would have speed control.
Cheers Chris
*/linmix <linmix@gmail.com>/* wrote:

     maybe I can even do something without an RCX, by using a couple
    of Electric Technic Pole Reversers  (Peeron #6551) I have from a
    Space Shuttle set for the controls.