 Robotics / 26619
Re: monkey rail
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 9 Dec 2006 07:11:40 GMT

I see your point. Trouble is I don't have a 2nd RCX nor any real
rotation sensors. Using the speed computers doesn't allow me to know if
I'm rotating forwards or backwards. Still the device is impressive
enough to give it a try. I'll just go with autonomous routines for now.

The videos are great. Especially the 'oldversion3' video as it shows not
only the deformation of the bridge, but also left and right inclination.
The definition is poor, but I thought I saw a string in your old setup.
Did you use that to track the position with a single rotation sensor, or
also for the swing. Did the old setup have only 2 motors?

cheers

linmix

Chris Daniel wrote:
Hi,
   Think of it like a robot arm.  You can't get the precise control without the
onboard sensors.  It operates almost like an extension of your fingers. Also you
wouldn't be able to program autonomous routines.  It also enables self centering
on power up.  Did you watch the videos yet?  Seeing it in action is more
impressive then the pics.
HTH
Chris