 Robotics / 26361
26360  |  26362
Subject:
BricxCC release 3.3.7.15
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 17 Aug 2006 21:55:55 GMT

I have today made the current test release of BricxCC (with a few minor
NBC-related changes) into an official release (version 3.3.7.15).

I have also released a new beta of NBC (1.0.1.b5) which includes improvements in
the built-in preprocessor (parameterized macros and multi-line macros).  I will
have binaries for Mac OSX and Linux up later today.  This new version of NBC is
included in the latest BricxCC release as is an updated version of NQC (not yet
available on the NQC site) that fixes a minor LASM code listing bug.  This NBC
beta also fixes a few small problems with unbalanced #ifdef/#endif pairs and
improves the error handling for mal-formed #include lines.  I also updated the
NXTDefs.h file with the additional IOMap offsets.  NBC has been successfully
compiled on Win32, Mac OSX, and Linux platforms using the Free Pascal compiler.
Built-in downloading is currently only supported on the Win32 platform but I am
working on a Free Pascal-based library (built on libusb) which will enable
downloading on non-Win32 platforms soon.

On the NBC samples page there are two new zips.  One contains a few simple
examples of controlling NXT motors using the Tachometer limit feature (two of
which are written by Philo).  The other new zip is called NXTlib.zip and it
contains a ton of library code written by Joe Kinsella.  Awesome stuff.

I have also today released the latest BricxCC sourcecode.  This sourcecode
release includes Free Pascal-compliant sourcecode for NBC, RXEDumper, MidiBatch,
and Wav2Rso as well as Win32-specific code for several other programmable brick
utilities (such as BrickTool and NeXTTool).

Please feel free to spread the word on your blogs that if folks want to flood
the NXT world with freely available and open source high level language
compilers the sourcecode for NBC is finally available.

John Hansen