 Robotics / 26255
Re: RCX vs NXT for FIRST?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 9 Jul 2006 19:48:33 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Rob Antonishen wrote:

Any thoughts on the best way to go for a brand new team, and no previous
FIRST experience?

If it is a what to buy question I would say NXT. The RCX will be obsolete in a
few years. If you already have an RCX kit use it! I have been a coach for three
years and each each we have added an RCX kit. I will still use the RCX kits to
do basic robots training. If the budget is there I will buy a NXT kit and then
let the kids decide what they will use. If we can't afford it this year I am not
going to let it worry me for this year. In following years I feel to be
competitive NXT will be essential.

Roy Nelson
Riverbend Robotic Racoons
Calgary, Alberta, Canada