 Robotics / 26003
Re: Ultrasonic sensor interactions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 24 May 2006 08:08:42 GMT

Hello John,

I can also confirm that the 0x2, 0x40, 0xNN "set measurement interval" command
does set the measurement interval to the specified value.  Setting it to 0xff
makes the clicking slow to about once every 2.5 seconds.

I have played with this command, it seems that only the low nibble of paramater
is useful. The interval range goes from 12.5ms for 0 to 3s for 0xf. Interval
seems to be roughly proportional to the square of the parameter. I have not seen
any behavior change for various high nibble values.

Here are my measured curves.
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Philo/Misc/us_range.gif

The fastest 12.5ms sample rate is quite high, maybe I can make a US-sensor
version of the NXTway afterall...