 Robotics / 24787

Re: mindstorms NXT
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 5 Jan 2006 15:22:48 GMT

Robot Magazine:
http://botmag.com/articles/lego_mindstorms_robot_news_1.shtml

Not much technical detail but have pictures and video of 3 other models.

From the Developer Program page, the new unit still use 6 AA battery:
http://mindstorms.lego.com/press/LEGO%20MINDSTORMS%20Issues%20Call%20for%20NXT%20Great%20Developers.aspx

Re: mindstorms NXT
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 6 Jan 2006 00:17:53 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Ka-On Lee wrote:
From the Developer Program page, the new unit still use 6 AA battery:
http://mindstorms.lego.com/press/LEGO%20MINDSTORMS%20Issues%20Call%20for%20NXT%20Great%20Developers.aspx

But it's got USB.  And USB is powered, right?  Is there any reason not to use
that source?

Forget the USB-powered coffee mug hotplate -- I want to run my MINDSTORMS on
USB!

Steve

Re: mindstorms NXT
But it’s got USB. And USB is powered, right? Is there any reason not to use that source?

Powered USB port can deliver up to 5V and 500mA, so that is insufficent for LEGO motors.

Re: mindstorms NXT