 Robotics / 24762
    LASM Question —Saleem Qamar
   Hi, How can I use sensors in Visual Basic using the LASM Command I wan to sense touch on input port 1 Also where can I find complete doc for LASM. Thx SQ (18 years ago, 28-Dec-05, to lugnet.robotics)

        Mars rovers use Lego principles? —dan miller
   Hey, isn't this the same principle the RCX uses to brake motors? I've never heard of it being used on larger robots. "On Spirit and Opportunity, the brakes are designed to keep the rover wheels from being bumped off course while driving. Dynamic (...) (18 years ago, 5-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Mars rovers use Lego principles? —Rob Syvertsen
   As far as I know, it's the standard process for implementing a brake. All the electric forklift trucks I drove used this method as the main brake. There was a mechanical emergency brake as well, but the main brake was to use the motor to generate (...) (18 years ago, 5-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Mars rovers use Lego principles? —steve
   (...) Aside from the fact that it's a cheap technique (one relay replaces a whole slew of servos, hydrailics, brake pads and disks) - it also doesn't wear out like friction-based brakes do. For Mars rovers, the power recovery must be worth having - (...) (18 years ago, 6-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)