 Robotics / 24483
Re: $60 for RCX 1.0 and Serial Tower
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 17 Oct 2005 02:00:46 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Juergen Stuber wrote:
"Chio Siong Soh" <robodoc@fifth-r.com> writes:
Oh, oh! You do mean RCX 1.0 with socket for AC adapter don't you?

yes, I cut out the wrong lines, I meant the one with AC adapter.

Could be a matter of safety as it involves connecting to
an electrical outlet.  The retail Mindstorms RIS 2.0 set
is meant for individual use with little or no
supervision. Whereas in schools, the children would be
more closely supervised.

Maybe it is also too easy to fry the RCX that way,
e.g. by using a transformer with a wrong voltage,
and the customer service costs got out of hand.

But it's ok in the hands of AFOLs :-)

C S Soh