 Robotics / 24182
Re: Rather boring question: How do I program my mindstorm robot with Visual Basic?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 26 Jul 2005 03:00:51 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Steve Hassenplug wrote:
On Mon, July 25, 2005 4:16 pm, Jori Gubbels said:
I searched the net for info about how to use alternative
programming languages to use for the RCX 2.0 but found almost nothing, and
if I did it talked about the RCX 1.0.

Do any of you know how to program in a decent language (C++, or VB.NET) for
the RCX2.0?

Everything that works on the 1.0 will work on the 2.0

If you want to program in C, you can look here:
http://brickos.sourceforge.net/

Java is available, and I have seen VB.NET, but I don't remember where.

Try these for starters:

Interactive control of Lego Mindstorm Robotics Invention System 2.0 (RCX2.0)
with Visual Basic
http://www.medewerker.hro.nl/kemjt/

Using spirit.ocx in Visual C++
http://www.generation5.org/content/2000/rob01.asp

Real Time Interface for Lego Mindstroms in VC++
http://filebox.vt.edu/users/sgaur/lego.htm

Advanced Lego Mindstorms Programming in Visual C++
http://www.kyb.tuebingen.mpg.de/bu/people/berger/mindstorms.html

RCX NET
http://www.geeksco.com/rcxnet/index.htm

Visual Storms - the NET tool for Mindstorm
http://dotnet.di.unipi.it/

Enough?

CS