 Robotics / 24002
Re: Directly connecting a digital camera module to the RCX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 21 May 2005 19:41:10 GMT

   Thanks ! (Also, for your precious e-mail advice.)
You’re welcome ;o)

   I added another small program • to send a GV (get version) to the CMUCam2. The result is first an acknowledge “ACKr”then a message “CMUcam2 v1.01 c6r:”. However, every second package doesn’t read the first two characters correctly. So, we get the ASCII series after the ACKr :

3 255 85 99 97 ... instead of 67 77 85 99 97 ...

Probably the CMUCam2 introduces a pause after the ACKr.
Why could it be a problem?

Suggestions?

I’m afraid no :-(

After half an hour of work with the module, the RCX starts getting hot in the area of the C- output connector. The 200mA are perhaps too a heavy load.

According to my measurements:

voltage drop at 200mA is about 1.5V, so pover dissipation in the driver IC is about 0.3W, well within the capability of the package. Moreover the driver includes a very effective thermal shutdown (I triggered it quite a few times while testing RC-motors on RCX).

Philo