 Robotics / 22179
Re: Source for mini-lights (modding!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 4 Feb 2004 13:22:43 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Rob Hendrix wrote:
I think I'll stick with LED's.  3mm and 5mm for normal projects, and 2mm SMT
(surface mount) for tight spaces.  I get them for a good price, usually on Ebay.
Burns cooler and longer than incandescent.

I would prefer LED's too if they weren't more difficult to wire up. You have to
think about voltage drops and resistors and polarity and all that stuff. With an
incandescent, you wire it up and it goes.

And for six bucks, are they really that expensive that you couldn't just replace
any that burn out?

But then, I like how LED's look much more. Unfortunately white ones aren't the
most common color to find.