 Robotics / 21768
Re: an idea, can someone tell me if this is possible/been done before/etc?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 2 Dec 2003 21:09:38 GMT

On Tue, 2 Dec 2003, Gordon Elliott wrote:

I think it is important to understand both simplicity and complexity here.
For example a fluidic (e.g. pneumatic) cylinders have the potential for
redistribution between cylinders of load force. This is equivalent to a
computation that would require feedback and fairly complex output responses
for individual motors per leg to achieve.

Nope, it's actually pretty easy. Sel-Syn. It's been used on naval ships to
control guns since sometime in the mid-1800's.

-- --

Open Forge, LLC  24/365 Onsite Support for PCs, Networks, & Game Consoles
512-695-4126 (Austin, Tx.)  help@open-forge.com  irc.open-forge.com

Hangar 18  Open Source Distributed Computing Using Plan 9 & Linux
512-451-7087  http://open-forge.org/hangar18  irc.open-forge.org

James Choate  512-451-7087  ravage@ssz.com  jchoate@open-forge.com