 Robotics / 19971
    adding power inlet to technic control center —Rob Hendrix
   Before I blindly go in and screw something up because of lack of electronics knowledge, has anybody already tackled this feat? I assume its very easy with a couple of diodes (maybe too easy) to isolate the batteries from the dc input, but I have (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

        Re: adding power inlet to technic control center —Tobbe Arnesson
   (...) Don't they have that by default? I don't own any but AFAIK it comes with a wallwart... Did not know it takes batteries though. Who's more confused? :) Best regards, /Tobbe (URL) SPAM when e-mailing) (21 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

        Re: adding power inlet to technic control center —Philippe Hurbain
   (...) The evolution of Control center is inverse of the one of RCX: the first version ((URL) had no supply input, the second ((URL) got it... Philo www.philohome.com (21 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

        Re: adding power inlet to technic control center —Rob Hendrix
   Phil, I was browsing your site lastnight and found that you have the 8485. I couldn't find any pictures to support my theory, but thought that version 2 of the controller would include a power inlet. I took mine apart lastnight, and it looks as (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

        Re: adding power inlet to technic control center —Rob Doucette
     (...) It does. One page of the 8485 instruction manual: (URL) the area on top, the lt gray area above the red A-B buttons where there are no studs. This is where the 9V input connector is, same size as the RCX. The connector enters at a downward (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

        Re: adding power inlet to technic control center —Philippe Hurbain
   Hi Rob, Here are the compared photos (boards are quite different in supply region) (URL) the folder after moderation: (URL) (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

   Those ARE very differnet designs. Thanks for taking the time to post this information. It will help in my progress... -Rob "Philippe Hurbain" <philohome@free.fr> wrote in message news:H8Gs69.6G8@lugnet.com... (...) (4 URLs) and the folder after (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)