 Robotics / 19677

Subject:
hovercraft
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 30 Nov 2002 17:43:16 GMT

hi all
now i think it's time to present you
my application of as pure as possible lego hovercraft

http://republika.pl/pixsrv/lego/hovercraft/

i've got 5 movies in mov format
but my site is too small
so if someone has some room for my movies...
all of them have 19.3M

the only one tricky point is power
i use here 12V instead of 9V
sorry about that but maybe next version will need only 9V

Steve Baker RULEZ!!!
his advices was so creative for me

i spent whole night from fri to sat
and at exactly 7:00 hovercraft starts flying

1. no calculation has been done
2. no measurement has been done
that is the real fun with lego

best regards to all hovercraft builders
paul pixel kleniewski

Re: hovercraft
my application of as pure as possible lego hovercraft

http://republika.pl/pixsrv/lego/hovercraft/

WOW!!   I want to type a bunch of stuff.. but I'm overwhelmed.

the only one tricky point is power
i use here 12V instead of 9V
sorry about that but maybe next version will need only 9V

One small point.  If you have access to a volt meter, could you check if
your wall transformer really is putting out 12Vdc.  Many of those
adjustable transformers are notorious for being more then they are
rated.  I'm curious how much voltage you are really driving that motor
with.

Also you might be able to have a "more lego" solution in terms of power,
if you build a battery box adder. as seen here:

http://www.teamdelta.com/roboglad/vconv.htm

Dave Koudys has a post about voltage starting here

http://news.lugnet.com/org/ca/rtltoronto/?n=5812   and here:
http://news.lugnet.com/org/ca/rtltoronto/?n=5816  (a good thread)

Again, good job.  I want to more closely study your propeller.

Chris

Re: hovercraft
One small point.  If you have access to a volt meter, could you check if
your wall transformer really is putting out 12Vdc.  Many of those
adjustable transformers are notorious for being more then they are
rated.  I'm curious how much voltage you are really driving that motor
with.

i'll check but i'm almost sure about that

Also you might be able to have a "more lego" solution in terms of power,
if you build a battery box adder. as seen here:

http://www.teamdelta.com/roboglad/vconv.htm

i saw that
that's why i tied more voltage :)

Dave Koudys has a post about voltage starting here

http://news.lugnet.com/org/ca/rtltoronto/?n=5812   and here:
http://news.lugnet.com/org/ca/rtltoronto/?n=5816  (a good thread)

Again, good job.  I want to more closely study your propeller.

it's set on my site now
thanx for suggestion

pix

Re: hovercraft
For such nice developments I alwasy have room,
so if you're interested to make use of the space I've avaiable, contact
me at nospam_s.mientki@mailbox.kun.nl  (remove "nospam_")

best regards,
Stef Mientki