 Robotics / 18727

Subject:
Pneumatic Engines of Yesteryear
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 22 Aug 2002 11:15:04 GMT

Hi pneumatic fans,

Thanks to a couple of kind folks, I've been able to trace the art of
building pneumatic "steam"-engines to the early days when the single
acting cylinders were introduced by LEGO.

Here is a page to pay tribute to these pioneer pneumatic engine builders
who have graciously shared pictures and descriptions of their creations,
which have not be published before:

http://www.geocities.com/cssoh1/oldengin.htm

And if there are others who have built such engines in the pre-dawn
days, please own up!
--
C S Soh

CSSoh's Lego Pneumatics
http://www.geocities.com/cssoh1
... where air is power!

Re: Pneumatic Engines of Yesteryear
Thanks to a couple of kind folks, I've been able to trace the art of
building pneumatic "steam"-engines to the early days when the single
acting cylinders were introduced by LEGO.
http://www.geocities.com/cssoh1/oldengin.htm

I've made a Steam Engine completely without pneumatics! It doesn't work very
well, though...
http://user.tninet.se/~hbh828t/steam/

--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden