 Robotics / 17008
Re: send message from ir-tower to rcx
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 12 Jan 2002 18:25:05 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, John Barnes writes:
In lugnet.robotics, Ian Warfield writes:
In lugnet.robotics, Rainer Balzerowski writes:
Hi Mat,

- sending messages from the tower not possible with spirit.ocx

WHY ?

That's what it's made for !

Rainer

(I use it with VC++ 6.0)

Those would be the RCX "mailbox" messages...the ones that RCXs send to one
another using SendPBMessage.  Spirit.OCX can do lots of things, but it can't
cause the IR tower to send messages to the RCX.

--Ian

I have had no trouble sending "message()" messages to the RCX by simply
sending the correct sequence of bytes directly to the COM port. Is there
some reason you can't do this?

JB

I don't think you can with only Spirit.OCX.  I think you need the capability
of the new SDK.  Have you been able to send bytecodes using Spirit, or are
you using another tool?

--Ian