 Robotics / 16927
16926  |  16928
Subject:
Major new BricxCC release
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 3 Jan 2002 23:07:13 GMT

I've just finished uploading a major upgrade to BricxCC.

Version 3.3.3.1 adds the ability to modify API commands, keywords, and
constants via the preferences dialog (on a new API tab).  If your syntax
highlighting isn't working you can now fix it by clicking the "Default"
button while the API tab is active.  This will reset the API to the values
defined by the files in the Default sub-directory.

The biggest news is this release also provides new out-of-process COM Server
functionality. Users can control BricxCC via any Automation-enabled client.
BricxCC.exe implements two dual interfaces: IBricxCCSpirit and IBricxCCApp.
Using these two interfaces users can perform a wide variety of useful
functions - limited only by your imagination.  The functionality provided by
the IBricxCCSpirit interface is nearly identical to that which was provided
by the Spirit.OCX from LEGO (with USB tower support, of course).  The
IBricxCCApp interface is still in the earliest stages of design and
development, but it already provides some useful functionality.  I'm hoping
to get a lot of input from the user community regarding the scope and
direction of this feature.

As it stands right now many of the methods on these two interfaces have not
been tested.  If you try using this new feature I urge you to contact me
with as much detailed information as you can provide regarding either your
success or failure.  And, certainly, if you have ideas or requests for
enhancements to this feature (or other BricxCC feature requests) please do
not hesitate to drop me a note.

John Hansen
http://members.aol.com/johnbinder/bricxcc.htm