 Robotics / 16569
Re: Does Vision Command Camera contain USB Hub ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 23 Nov 2001 11:11:35 GMT

Hi Marco,

thanks.

I think you mean this thread : Sharing USB cable between IR and VC?
Right ?

I read this too, but this is a speculation and not a fact, right ?

To clear this up a bit, i don't want to access this Hub, but want to know if
that's the way LEGO (logitech) made it.

What i wanted to know is, why are two devices in the
system-properties under the LEGO USB Camera ?
-USB Root Hub
-- LEGO USB Camera
--- LEGO Cam
--- LEGO Cam Microphone

I assumed that the LEGO USB Camera device is a USB
Hub (without possibility of external connection of course)
and the LEGO Camera and the LEGO Camera
Microphone are the two devices connected to this Hub.

Thanks anyways,

Rainer

In lugnet.robotics, Marco Correia writes:
Well, I think someone here said that there's an *internal* "micro" USB hub,
unusable to someone not familiar with microelectronics.

That internal "micro-hub" provides a way to "mix" the usb-microphone with
the usb-camera into one usr-cable.

I don't know the specifics of this, but this was what I understood from an
old thread.

Hope it helps,

mc.