 Robotics / 16280
16279  |  16281
Subject:
Bringing the Super Mech-bot to life
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 9 Oct 2001 20:06:44 GMT

Hello, I have a (half) Robot crontrolled by 5 RCX and 2 Vision Command
Sensor Cams. I'm looking for feedback and or Ideas to cross connect the
different Joint rotation sensors with other RCX motor ports to create a kind
of communication between the arms.

Already I have a system whereas 2 RCX controll one Arm. (10 motors Each Arm)
Each RCX passes Messages to each other when the upper Rotation limit is
reached for a given joint and inturn directs the next RCX in secession to move.

I set a series of value limits on the Rotation sensors and reactions;
ie...reverse direction, stop, send message #....etc.once the value is reached.

What's really neat about the program I wrote is that by simply telling the
motors to turn on, the effect is completely random. The motors run freely
(along with random motor directions)until the rotation limits are reached.

The counter function waits untill the sensors register upper rotation limits
a given number of times then, the Mech-bot goes thru a protection/reset mode
that realigns the Arms to my preset zero range.

I'm interested in combinning the Sensor Cams with the RCX's to create
another cross connect system.

The set up I have thus far goes like this:

Arm 1

Hand - 1Motor & Touch Sensor
Wrist - 1Motor & 1 Rotation Sensor
Elbow - 2Motors & 1 Rotation Sensor
Upper Arm - 2Motors & 1 Rotation Sensor
Shoulder - 2Motors & 1 Rotation Sensor
upper Shoulder - 2Motors & 1 Rotation Sensor

Arm 2
Same set up.

Head

2 Vision Command Sensor Cams
1 RCX
1 Light Sensor
5 Motors controll 3 axis of movement
1 micro motor/fiber-optics

So imagine if we cross connected the sensors from the Lower half of the
Mech-bots arm (RCX 1) to the upper arm (RCX 2) motor ports.

Thoughts?

And how about the Vision sensors either controlling the Arms or the Head?
I have already tried many configs. I'm curious if anyone has some more ideas.

Ideas?

Thanks for your time....

Eric

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Legomaster