 Robotics / 16044
Re: Building a peripheral bus from motor output
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 20:15:12 GMT

In message <3.0.5.32.20010827104532.03bc1100@pop3.norton.antivirus>, Bruce Boye
s writes:

Do you have a link to this paper?

It's at:
http://researchweb.watson.ibm.com/journal/sj/393/part2/martiaut.html

We are taking a similar approach and using SPI on our JCX controller. We
have designed in support for over 20 addressable I/O modules. For example,
4 motors are a module, 8 Lego compatible inputs takes up 2 modules.

I checked out the systronix.com website but didn't see anything about a JCX
controller. Is it a Java version of the RCX? Did I miss the link?

If anyone will be in Boston Sep 4-7 at the Embedded Systems Conference, we
will be in booth 1621 with some Legos and JCX demos. I'd be eager to meet
some Lego fanatics.

Post some pictures to brickshelf.com and let us travel-constrained people see
too!

Mark.

Bruce Boyes
------- WWW.SYSTRONIX.COM ----------