 Robotics / 15173
  Re: How about ideas for new elements?

(...) It's a good point and a good idea, but even if I did buy a gear especially I still wouldn't want to modify it. I'd sooner find a way to work round the problem. Altering Lego has never appealed to me. I see the challenge as making it work with (...) (23 years ago, 16-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: How about ideas for new elements?

(...) Oh yes, kicking, screaming, and banging my head. I'm still mad at myself for painting some pieces about 15 years ago (I was a stupid kid). Okay, back to the original subject: Here's an idea for NEW pieces (listen up, Lego): How about new gears (...) (23 years ago, 16-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  RE: How about ideas for new elements?

(...) Why not just have toothed holes on all gears? Using a toothed half bushing, it's easy enough to convert a gear with toothed hole to a axle hole gear...It might be cool to inset the hole so that the hole would be as wide as a half beam, thus (...) (23 years ago, 16-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: How about ideas for new elements?

(...) I'd say get over it already, that or try Chameleon paint stripper. It's made for use on model trains it should get nearly anything off. Steve (23 years ago, 16-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  RE: How about ideas for new elements?

Or for that matter, why not have the axle hole of the gear be the same shape and size as an 8t gear? This would be similar to how the center of the large turntable accepts a 24t gear. Use a bushing if you want it to spin independently of the axle, (...) (23 years ago, 16-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics)