 Robotics / 15043
15042  |  15044
Subject:
MacHack 2001 / Lego Mindstorms
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 10 Apr 2001 20:50:31 GMT

Gentlemen, (nicer, but probably less appropriate than "To whom it may
concern")

I've been following for the last couple of years the developments with Lego
Mindstorms and the "hacks" that have been done with them.  You are a natural
fit for our conference:

http://www.machack.com

I am the sessions chairman and am trying to have some other stuff in the
conference besides OS X.  (Ahhh.. the joys of dealing with Apple.)

These are the basic tracks that I've got going:

* Alternative Platforms: a showplace for Linux, Palm OS, Emulation and other
topics
* The Business Track: featuring market and strategy sessions by developers
for developers
* Multiple Computing: from multiprocessors to Beowulf
* Network E: Java, XML, Web Objects and e-commerce topics
* Infinite Monkeys, The Realm of Open Source: Darwin, Basilisk and other Open
Source projects
* Yoots: Sessions for junior developers
* State of the Mac OS: Sessions on the latest developments in and around the
Mac OS platform
* Hardware: New and clever hardware developments and designs

We have a lot of linux people coming to talk, including ESR, plus a variety
of other topics.  I'm especially interested in Mindstorms from an alternate
platform point of view, but also hardware and the yoot sessions.  We have
found it highly useful to introduce computing to younger people in a fun and
creative atmosphere over the last 15 years.

We would definitely benefit from your involvement as speakers and/or as
attendees, and I would like some of your input for what should be covered and
how I should approach the powers-that-be.

Thanks.

-Chris Russ
MacHack Sessions Chair
828/252-7515
email: jcr6@aol.com
http://www.machack.com

P.S. I am sorry for the mass mailing approach.  I did send some individual
emails and then started to become overwhelmed by the number of references
that I found from Russell Nelson's page. (Highly impressive material, BTW.)
If you know who this should be sent to, please forward it.  And, if we can't
do it this year, it would be excellent to do it next.