 Robotics / 15041
RE: Junkyard Wars Was: robotica on TLC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 10 Apr 2001 15:56:57 GMT

Mike,

Thanks for the information.  I will look at the sites later today.

Steven B. Combs, MS, CIT
Associate Professor - Instructional Technologist
Ivy Tech Community College of Indiana
3501 First Avenue
Evansville, IN 47710
812.429.1476
mailto:scombs@ivy.tec.in.us
http://faculty.ivy.tec.in.us/~scombs

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Griffith [mailto:webmaster@kvoa.com]
Sent: Monday, 09 April 2001 1:28 PM
To: 'Steven B. Combs'
Cc: Lego-Robotics (E-mail)
Subject: Junkyard Wars Was: robotica on TLC

Steven,

The first season of US based Junkyard Wars has been shot and aired.. The
episodes on TLC right now are previous UK seasons. I am betting they
will replay the US season1 shows right before the second season
releases.

They have closed the application process for Season2-US and for the UK
version as well.  Now all we have to do is wait.

The N.E.R.D.S., the first US team on the UK version of the show has a
cool play-by-play of their first heat (Submarine Challenge) (It has
spoilers, if you haven't seen the episode - be warned)

http://www.the-nerds.org/jeffs-journal-embedded.html

The better website to check out for the show is
http://www.junkyard-wars.com/, created by the producers and not TLC.

Mike