 Robotics / 12250
12249  |  12251
Subject:
Soccer-Playing Robots (Question for Mario Ferrari & Others)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 28 Aug 2000 17:35:38 GMT

Mario (et al.):

Was it you who built the soccer-playing robots that were exhibited at
MindFest last year? I'm inquiring because I've been working day-by-day on
Robotics at the office (see
http://www.wordsmithdigital.com/mindstorms/diaries.htm , if you're
interested), and want to develop a robot that will locate, kick, and
re-locate a ball--much the way a cat might play with a mouse.

My recollection was that the soccer robots used a ball which had an
IR-emitting LED inside. I'm interested in the type of ball used and the
schematic/parts for the IR-emitter, as well as typical detection ranges or
problems.

Thanks!

Doug Wilcox
Senior Web Developer
iMcKesson Provider Solutions Group-Needham
160 Gould Street, Suite 130
Needham, MA 02494-2308
Phone: 781.453.2900 x 237
Fax: 781.455.7990
e-mail: Doug.Wilcox@iMcKesson.com
http://www.imckesson.com

"You see, I had this space suit. How it happened was like this ..."
(Opening lines from Robert A. Heinlein's Have Space Suit-Will Travel)