 Robotics / 12052
Re: Human brain to RCX...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 9 Aug 2000 20:23:04 GMT

There is even a much simpler way that works regardless of what type of
camera you have.  Take a look at VideoServer on an easy to use solution to
this.  I am currently using VideoServer, an X10 XCam2 wireless camera, and
ATI All-in-wonder card to do machine vision.  Once I finish everything, I'll
release it as LegoVision 1.0beta.  It can do object tracking, motion
detection, and some other nifty stuff.  Anyway, here is the link to
VideoServer:

http://www.visionpearls.de/WWWeng/products/framepro.html

Oh, here is the link to the original LegoVision project:

http://www.stud.ntnu.no/~petersc/LegoVision/

My project is to add to Peter's effort and make it even better....

Ram

----- Original Message -----
From: "Laurentino Martins" <lego-robotics@crynwr.com>
To: <lugnet.robotics@lugnet.com>
Sent: Wednesday, August 09, 2000 4:51 AM
Subject: Re: Human brain to RCX...

At 22:35 08-08-2000 Tuesday, Trevor Foley wrote:
Wow this is great!  Full controll of an RCX with your computer.  I am
definately going to do something with this.  Think of the possibilities. • Your
web cam idea sounds fun too.  I have a wireles camera that I hve mounted • on my
rcx, transmites to channel 51 and my Tuner Card picks it up.  Hopefully I • can
figure out a way to get the picture in C++.

I've captured my USB camera based in this post:

http://codeguru.earthweb.com/bbs/wt/showpost.pl?Board=vc&Number=20107&Search
=true&Forum=All_Forums&Words=camera&Match=Whole&Topic=&Searchpage=0&Limit=25
0

Search MSDN for these functions and you'll find other examples there.

Laurentino Martins

[ mailto:lau@netcabo.pt ]
[ http://www.terravista.pt/Enseada/2808/ ]