 Robotics / 11513
Re: 16 Team Maze Competition Results, Pics, Rules, etc...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.org.us.wamalug
Date:
Thu, 18 May 2000 18:45:15 GMT

...This sounds like a great format for the mindstorms event at the East Coast Brickfest...
well, at least something darn close to this :-) So anyone planning to attend, plan for
something close to this format.

...I think since most of us are fairly familiar with mindstorms, we should also add an
'unlimited' category where the contestant can enter a bot using any LEGO parts they have
(ie, not just restricted to the original mindstorms box). But no remotes! This should
create some interesting bots :-)

...And perhaps a special category for bots with more than one RCX unit.

"Chris Busse" <cbusse@infi.net> wrote:

In March I ran a Mindstorms maze running competition for a company gathering,
"Geeks at the Beach" in Miami.  16 teams from different cities in 4 countries
participated!

Each team was given a Mindstorms kit, rules, and three weeks to prepare a
robot that could navigate one of three possible maze routes.

I've posted the results along with pictures and rules at:

http://www.bussetech.com/lego/mindstorms/

If anyone has any questions about running a similar event, please don't
hesitate to contact me -- I learned alot from this!

Also, does anyone know if a non K-12/University (ie. Private Enterprise)
Mindstorms event of this size has ever been held?

Thanks!
Chris Busse
cbusse@infi.net
http://www.bussetech.com

...you can go back to ignoring me now...

wubwub
stephen f roberts
wamalug guy  (http://wamalug.org)
wildlink.com